Whether 2021 will bring us a summer full of beach bars, restaurants, and cocktails at your favourite holiday destination, it is hard to say. But why not create this cocktail experience at home?!
We give you the trends, tips and Libbey’s recommendations for a perfect home cocktail party!
You might already know this drink from influencers you follow online, or brands like Gig or Stëlz might sound familiar to you. We introduce you to 2021’s biggest drink trend…HARD SELTZER. As you may know, the low alcohol and low calorie drinks have been on the rise. Combine all that with a crave for a fruity, fresh summer drink. This is basically what hard seltzer tastes like. An, often canned, low alcohol cocktail, based on sparkling water, neutral alcohol (like rum) and fruit aromas, giving you the ultimate party feeling.
What do you need? A recipe by Fit Foodie Finds..
- 50 ml vodka (or less if you prefer)
- 50 ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 25 ml oz fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey simple syrup (Water & Honey, 1:1 ratio, cooked/mixed on low heat)
- 100 ml sparkling water/tonic.
- Libbey’s Hobstar Cooler (left) or Tumbler (right), to upgrade your Hard Seltzer moment!
Pssssst the DOF’S are also available in several colours, check them out!
Give it some ice cubes, grapefruit slices and enjoy your home-made Libbey seltzer!
Next up is the EL DIABLO. A golden oldie with a refreshing taste, perfect to surprise your friends with. Real cocktail lovers say that this cocktail is wrongly forgotten about, and you will taste yourself why.. When combining a fine Tequila, a suitable Libbey glass and a good mood, nothing can go wrong with this trendy and unique home-cocktail!
What do you need? A recipe by the spruce eats..
- 40 ml Tequila (Arette Blanco is recommended for the finest taste)
- 10 ml crème de cassis
- 15 ml fresh lime juice
- Fill up with ginger ale
- The Libbey Radiant tumbler for a more luxury vibe & Tiki Pineapple for a playful party!
Finish again with ice cubes and lime slices for the ultimate fancy cocktail vibe.
More inspiration? Check more DIY cocktail recipes here.